The walk up the hill to the archway leading into Borggården where you can find Fästningens Vandrarhem is about 100 metres long. N.B: It is not permitted to drive up to the fortress.
- Take the Varberg Norra exit.
- Follow the signs to Varberg.
- Cross the railway track to a large roundabout called 'Lassabacka'.
- Take a right off the roundabout.
- Follow the signs to Fästningen and turn left.
- Drive straight ahead until the Parking building, Briggen (offers up to 3-day parking) on your right-hand side, signpost for Fästningen.
- There are parking spaces on the left where you can park up to 4 hours between 9 am and 6 pm (free parking at other times).
- When you get to the harbour, you can follow the road to the left past the Danske bank.
- You are now below the fortress and here you can unload your luggage.
|WGS 84 decimal
PARKING IS NOT PERMITTED IN THE FORTRESS.
The entire fortress area is a protected cultural heritage site. It is not permitted to drive in the area. Free parking is available by the Campus College and the Briggen parking building You can borrow trolleys at reception to carry your baggage.